- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- For the cream cheese middle: In a medium bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and the vanilla and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- For the bread: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and the pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and the pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture a little at a time, stir until just evenly combined.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of this layer and spread evenly, then add the remaining batter.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For softer edges cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing, then place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.